Programs seeking Coaches for Spring 2018: Auburn Youth Lacrosse, Olympia Lacrosse Club, Doublecrosse Seattle, Whatcom Girls Lacrosse Club
Auburn Youth Lacrosse Association (AYLA)
The Auburn Youth Lacrosse Association is seeking a coach for the girls youth lacrosse program, grades 3/4. We are located in Auburn and will play games covering a geographic area from Auburn to Seattle and the Greater Eastside.
We are looking for dedicated, conscientious, reliable individuals with a positive attitude who enjoy working with kids that are new to the game of lacrosse. This opportunity would be an ideal situation for a new coach that would like to hone their communication skills as well as developing fun and energetic practice plans geared towards 3rd and 4th graders.
The successful candidate would need to be available twice a week for practice, Tuesday’s and Thursdays, and games on Saturday orSunday. There is potential for reimbursement on travel and certification expenses.
- Positive attitude towards players, parents, teams, and officials
- Quality character and a positive role model
- Team player who wants to make a positive impact on the lives of student-athletes
- Complete US Lacrosse Level 1 certification and background check
- AYLA board approval
Snohomish Girls Lacrosse Youth 7 / 8 Head Coach Opening
Snohomish Girls Lacrosse is seeking a head coach to lead the 7/8 program for the 2018 season.
o Applicant must have experience coaching and leading youth in lacrosse and or other youth sports.
o Lacrosse playing experience is preferred but not required.
o Coach must be a member of US Lacrosse in good standing.
o US Lacrosse coaching accreditation preferred: Level 1 and Level 2
o Coaching and Teaching accreditation from other governing sports and educational organizations is highly valued
o Position of leadership in applicants career is highly valued
o Snolax is open to a long-term appointment depending on candidate qualifications and 2018 performance.
o Practices 2x per week, with potential for a 3rd practice day in early spring. o Dates and location TBD
o Season concludes in late May or early June
o Opportunity to coach youth team in 2018 Cascade Cup
o Opportunity to coach in youth development clinics o The position is compensated
o Please send cover letter, resume with 3 references to email@example.com
o Please send questions above questions to above email
Olympia Lacrosse Club
The Olympia Lacrosse Club (OLC) is seeking head and assistant coaches for our youth girls lacrosse program. Our teams play in the South Sound Lacrosse League, covering a geographic area from Olympia in the south to Port Angeles in the west and Lake Tapps in the east. Our program has a budding tradition and core mission to use lacrosse as a tool to develop strong character, discipline, and work ethic in our student-athletes.
The successful candidate must be available for in-season practices and games 3-4 days/week in the spring. Out-of-season training and tournament coaching opportunities are also available.
• Previous coaching/playing experience
• Focus on teaching lacrosse techniques and ability to develop fundamentals
• Positive attitude towards players, parents, teams, and officials
• Quality character and a positive role model
• Team player who wants to make a positive impact on the lives of student-athletes
• Complete USLacrosse Level 1 certification and background check
· OLC board approval
Potential for reimbursement on travel and certification expenses.
Whatcom Girls Lacrosse Club
Non-Profit Experience Available!
We are looking for enthusiastic coaches to help support our youth girl's lacrosse teams for grades 2-8 in Bellingham, WA.
Whatcom Girls Youth Lacrosse offers programs for grades 2-12 for both new and experienced players. Our goal is to build leadership skills and self-confidence in every player through positive coaching and team experience and we need your help.
We are looking for positive and enthusiastic coaches that want to work with kids in grades 2-8. Practices are designed to teach skills AND be fun, so coaches need to bring creativity, energy and positive attitude to motivate kids.
We are looking for coaches and assistant coaches for 2 programs:
1) Our 6-week winter program, Starting January 10 -February 14.
Wednesdays 4-5pm @ Bellingham, WA SportsPlex.
2) Our 15-week spring season starting March 1 - June 1.
Practice times are TBD. Typically, 2 90 min practices per week with games on weekends.
ack Background and reference checks are required
- Team sports experience necessary.
- Lacrosse experience preferred, but not required. If you bring the energy, we can teach you the skills.
- Coaching experience is a bonus.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Must be able to commit and follow through.
- We strive to create a motivating, positive team experience and are looking for coaches that can help foster that environment.
- Must be an outgoing, self-starter, willing to take initiative and lead a group of kids, follow through with a practice plan and create activities without direction when necessary.
- We'll provide practice plans for you to lead, but you may have creativity to adjust them and keep it interesting.
- Bring lots of energy and positive coaching skills to kids - keep them interested and having fun!
- Be serious about gaining coaching experience and willing to listen and take feedback to improve the program.
- WGYL is a non-profit organization and we'll give you internship and/or volunteer credits if you need them.
- This is a great non-profit resume building experience
- Reference letters available
- Stipend available based on exeprience
Contact: Courtney McBean
Doublecrosse Seattle Lacrosse Club is
recruiting paid girls’ lacrosse coaches for the 2018 spring season.
Requirements/Benefits: 3-8 hours per week, depending on weekly game schedule. Competitive hourly wage scaled by experience, plus season-end bonus at completion of contract. U.S. Lacrosse coaching training and certification will be provided at no cost. All candidates must undergo background check.
Ideal coaching candidates: Former women’s lacrosse players of all ages who love the sport, enjoy being around kids, and value teaching. Player-coaches will focus on connecting with players, running practices, and teaching lacrosse skills and game strategies. You will be teamed with parent coaches, who focus on parent outreach, scheduling details, and team logistics.
We are looking for dedicated, conscientious, reliable individuals with a positive attitude who appreciate sharing their love of lacrosse and making it FUN. Depending on experience, coaching candidates can hone skills in developing practice plans and communications skills.
Who we are: Doublecrosse (Doublecrosse.com) is one of the original girls’ recreational lacrosse organizations in Seattle, founded in 2009. We are committed to introducing players to the sport and teaching and developing fundamental skills, good sportsmanship, and teamwork. We are a nonprofit, volunteer driven organization, and we field teams comprised of players from 2nd – 8th grade from the northeast Seattle area. Practices are held at Magnuson Park from late February- May; games are held throughout the Puget Sound region, but primarily in the greater Seattle area.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information!
Programs looking for High School Coaches: Visit www.wslax.org HERE.
Want to post a job listing here? Contact